divorce-modificationsWhen circumstances change, a party can seek a modification to a final divorce decree. Many times the other party is opposed to these changes. The following are some situations when a modification might be appropriate:



  • A custodial parent needs to change the custody agreement due to a move or other reasons
  • A noncustodial parent wishes to seek primary custody of a child
  • A supported spouse remarries
  • When the income of either party substantially increases or decreases

Modifications must be presented to and approved by the court in order for them to become binding on the parties. Contact us if you need assistance with negotiating, finalizing, or defeating a request for modification.

Call Today for a Free Consultation:  469.443.6040