The Law Office of Elisse V. Woelfel can assist you with all aspects of obtaining a Texas document authentication or apostille. If you are an expat or a foreign citizen, we understand jumping through the hoops to obtain an apostille or authentication can be daunting when you are on the other side of the world and in an opposite time zone. Our office can communicate with you via email, telephone, or video call (Skype™) at times that are convenient for your schedule. We also assist those living stateside who need assistance with navigating the process of obtaining an apostille or authentication.
We offer the following services for our clients who need a document authentication or apostille:
- Ordering the correct version of the document on your behalf
- Obtaining the appropriate certification or notarization necessary for authentication or apostille submission
- Review of documents to assure acceptance by the Texas Secretary of State
- Submission to the Texas Secretary of State for an apostille or authentication
The Texas Secretary of State provides apostilles or authentication service for the following documents:
- Certified copies of business organization documents on file with the Secretary of State, including:
- Articles of incorporation
- Certificates of limited partnership
- Articles of organization
- Certificates of merger
- Assumed name certificates
- Applications for registration of trademarks
- Certificates of existence or fact issued by the Secretary of State evidencing facts from the records of the office
The Authentications Unit may issue Apostilles or Certificates for the following types of documents:
- Original documents that have been notarized by a Texas Notary Public; and
- Certified copies of recordable documents issued by a Texas statewide officer, including:
- Certified copies of birth/death certificates
- Vehicle title histories, etc.
- Documents issued by a county official including certified copies of marriage licenses, divorce decrees, probated wills, judgments, birth or death certificates, etc.
- Documents issued by a city or local registrar including certified copies of birth/death certificates
Contact us if you need assistance with obtaining a document authentication or apostille.
Call Today for a Free Consultation: 469.443.6040